Saturday, September 26, 2009

Which type of vacuum cleaner is best?

Here's a short article that says that it depends on your needs. This should be obvious.

When I was growing up, we had a canister. I remember that it dual-purposed as a toy. Among my memories included using it as a "wagon" that you could pull someone on and a "car" where one person could push another.

Now we have a Shark for a quick vacuum around the kitchen area and Kenmore canister vacuums for each floor. Yeah, don't remind me. I'm trying to think about the reasons for having two canister vacuums. If I remember, it was "rationalized" because of the inconvenience (and danger?) of lugging one up and down the stairs. Also involved was redundancy and feeling like needing a backup vacuum in case one failed.

The article ends by saying "don't buy more than you need." We may have bought (slightly) more than we needed, but we definitely didn't pay for all the bells and whistles.

Click here to view the article on the Orange County Register website.

No comments:

Post a Comment