Sunday, January 31, 2010

New Media Players for the Family Room

In the recent Forbes Magazine (yes, I still get it for free), there was an article about how hard disk drive manufacturers are introducing media players.  They featured devices by Seagate, Iomega, and Western Digital.

The interesting part is that I recently purchased a couple of the Seagate FreeAgent drives at Sam's Club last month.  They have a Seagate FreeAgent Theater+1080P HD Media Player STCEA201-RK that is available on Amazon.com that can play HD or non-HD media.  The price for the device is right at $149.99.  It looks like it will take any of their current FreeAgent drives.

Not sure it is a need at this time.  Time will tell whether this pans out as a useful tool.

For more information why I go to Sam's Club and not Costco click here on a previous post.  I have "survived" for at least one year without Costco and the only reason why I feel I would need it is for the $10 coupon off of TurboTax?

No comments:

Post a Comment