Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Raise the price of gasoline? By taxes?

If you have been tracking my blog, you know that I have been receiving Time Magazine for free.  There was an editorial by Michael Mandelbaum which argues that the Obama administration should reduce the influence that oil-rich countries has by reducing usage.  The best way to do this is by raising the price of gasoline with a tax.

I have mixed feelings about this, but I think that whether someone takes action or not, eventually the price of energy will go higher.  Eventually demand will outstrip supply and prices will rise.  I see him arguing to keep the money in the United States and not sending it to the other countries.

To read the whole "Viewpoint," click here.

You can subscribe to Time Magazine for 1 year or 2 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment