Sunday, December 2, 2012

Merry Thrift-mas...

I feel like I have partially neglected this blog.  Most of my attention has been with my photography blog which you can see by clicking here or on the link to the right.

I have been only skimming magazines and not really having time to pass things along to all of you, but hopefully that will improve.  I did want to pass along a quick read from USAWeekend that comes with the Sunday issue of many newspapers.  The article is from award-winning journalist and best-selling author, Jean Chatzky who wrote a featured article called "Merry Thrift-mas."  She made some key points as you all head into the home stretch of holiday gift purchases which include:

  • Think "Life List," not Christmas list
  • Consider what you could buy instead. This is called "opportunity cost" in economics
  • Involve other and commit (to spending limits)
  • Get more out of gift cards
  • Embrace impulse control
  • Shop (online) till you drop (limit yourself to 2 hours)
  • Think life a recipient, not a giver
For more details click here for the full article: http://www.usaweekend.com/article/20121130/MONEY01/311300005/Merry-Thrift-mas


Related websites:



I hope you found this helpful.  Click here to see how you can support me.

No comments:

Post a Comment