Monday, May 18, 2009

Palm or iPhone?

I don't have an iPhone. Right now I don't feel that I "need" an iPhone. Here are my current thoughts (what I like and dislike):
  • Love the screen size and the interface (but my Palm Centro is working fine right now). The whole device is wider (but thinner) than the Centro.
  • I know there's a hack to use the phone as a modem when I'm traveling, but the Centro is serving that purpose at around 400kbps.
  • It requires a higher monthly rate than I'm paying right now, and I don't need the unlimited minutes. I'm currently paying for unlimited text, internet, phone as modem, premium on-line content for one line and shared minutes and nearly unlimited texting capability for a second line all for about the same price as the one iPhone.
  • All my current software will need to be replaced (HandDBase, PowerOneFinance with Solver, etc).

The biggest "rationale" for "needing" an iPhone is to instantly sync my calendar that is on my phone/pda with another resource (IE mac.com) so that my wife can instantly view it OR we both sync to the same resource so that when my iPhone calendar changes, it will show up on her iPhone. That would be cool (but also more than $200 per month or about $2,500 per year for that).

No iPhone at this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment