Friday, May 1, 2009

Southwest Airlines Experience

I can't remember the last time I flew Southwest Airlines (SWA).  I'm in the middle of a trip to Baltimore and the flight times that SWA had fit best for leaving and returning.  It was still about $80 more than other carriers (US Airways, Continental, United, and American), but the timing was worth it.
 
Key points. 
  • You can get your boarding pass 24 hours before the flight leaves.  Do this so that you can get the "A" group. It is divided into groups of 30 (A1-30, A31-60, B1-30, B31-60, C, etc).  I was in the B 31+ for both legs today.
  • The flights were on-time or early.
  • The service was great.  As an example on the second leg I fell asleep, and the attendant remembered that (for good or bad....what happened when I was asleep or was it just good training?) and made sure that I received snacks and a drink.
  • Still hilarious announcements, impersonations, sound effects, etc.
  • Peanuts.  With a daughter who has a peanut allergy, this may be an issue and something that would prevent us from taking SWA.  SWA at one time was the largest purchaser of peanuts (they may very well still be).  They do have a policy on their site on what to do if you have a peanut allergy and you can view what they say about this by clicking here.
Overall, I am looking forward to my return flight (will check-in as close to 24 hours before my flight this time) and I would fly them again (as long as my daughter isn't coming along).

No comments:

Post a Comment